Here you will find our answers to your most frequently asked questions about orders, shipments, purchases and deliveries, on registration on our website and all services that The Bridge offers. If you require further assistance, remember you can always contact our Customer Service at email@example.com.
How can I look for a product?
- YOU CAN NAVIGATE THE PRODUCT CATALOGUE BY FOLLOWING THE MAIN MENU OF THE WEBSITE. THE FREE SEARCH FORM LOCATED IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER LETS YOU SEARCH BY TEXT THROUGHOUT THE PRODUCT CATALOGUE BASED ON PRODUCT NAME AND CODE.
How can I make a purchase?
- Once you have found a product to your liking, click it to go to its product sheet and you will see all the information on the item in detail. To add it to the shopping cart, click the "Add to cart" button. You will automatically be re-routed to the first page of the cart, where you can decide whether to complete the purchase or continue shopping by looking for other items.If you decide to continue your purchases, you will continue to see the total number of products you have decided to purchase up to that moment inside the 'cart' (image of a stylised bag at the top right of the interface) in the top right corner. When you have completed your shopping, click “Continue” inside the cart to proceed with the order. If you instead want to immediately complete your purchase, log in if you are a registered user or register on the site if you have not yet done so. You can also complete your purchase without registration. You will be asked to select a shipping address and a billing address, and you will be prompted to choose one of the payment methods available in your country. The Bridge reminds you that payment is totally secure since the credit card data are protected from unauthorised access by encrypted transfer of SSL ('Secure Socket Layer') data that third parties cannot access. Lastly, after you have checked your transaction, the information on your order will be sent to www.thebridge.it and a thank you message will inform you that your purchase has been successfully concluded.
Up to how many products can I purchase?
- You can purchase up to 10 products per single order.
Does filling the cart require me to make the purchase?
- Not at all. You can perform all the tests you want and then decide not to complete your order, even if you have put products into the cart.
What is the "promotional code", and how does it work?
- The 'promotional code' is a coupon given to you to use for special promotions. The conditions for getting this code will be communicated to you in a special Newsletter on the occasion of special events. If you have one, all you have to do is enter the code in the field that you find on the order conclusion page. The discount will be automatically calculated and displayed.
When is the purchasing procedure completed?
- After having entered the data necessary for payment, you will be routed to the purchase confirmation page that contains the number and date of the order. A thank you message in the centre of the page will inform you that the purchasing procedure has been properly completed. Lastly, you will receive an email containing the details of the order you have forwarded and the confirmation that it has been properly acknowledged.
Can I make an order in a country other than its destination?
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to order in one country and ask that the product be shipped to another country.
What does the wording "awaiting payment" on the order history mean?
- The wording "awaiting payment" on the order history refers to uncompleted orders. This wording is only indicative because these orders can be neither confirmed nor cancelled. If you want to purchase the products on the stand-by orders, you have to create a new order.
- After every step of the order has been confirmed, you can no longer cancel it, but you can exercise the right of withdrawal within 14 days from receipt of the package. The Bridge reserves the right to cancel the order if it is impossible to verify the correctness of the information regarding the shipping address and the billing data. The Bridge also has the right to cancel an order it considers made with the intent of the purchaser to resell. If The Bridge cancels the order, you will naturally not be charged any cost.
To which countries can the order to be shipped?
- Shipment can be made only to the same country where the order has been made, namely: Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, the Russian Federation, the USA, Finland, Switzerland, Poland, Romania, Portugal, Ireland, Bulgaria, Croatia and Greece, Cyprus, Latvia, Estonia, Malta, Hungary, Slovenia, Lithuania, Slovakia.
How soon will I receive my order?
- The order will be processed within 24-48 hours after The Bridge has received it. The Bridge undertakes to ensure that you receive your order within 4-5 business days from order and payment confirmation (time estimated in most European countries). Please remember that the delivery time might be delayed in the case of holidays and during the inventory period (31/03 - 10/04). Carriers do not make deliveries on 25/12, 26/12, 01/01 or on weekends. For the Russian Federation the estimated delivery times are 15 working days
How much are the shipping costs?
- The shipping costs amount to € 9.00 for shipment by express carrier in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain, Sweden and the Netherlands. If the amount of your purchase is equal to or greater than € 150.00, you are entitled to free shipment. The shipping costs amount to € 9.00 for shipment by express carrier in the following countries: Finland, Poland, Romania, Portugal, Ireland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Cyprus, Latvia, Estonia, Malta, Hungary, Slovenia, Lithuania and Slovakia. If the amount of your purchase is equal to or greater than € 150.00, you are entitled to free shipment. The shipping costs amount to € 20.00 for shipment by express carrier in Switzerland. If the amount of your purchase is equal to or greater than € 250.00, you are entitled to free shipment. The shipping costs amount to $ 9.00 for shipment by express carrier in the USA. If the amount of your purchase is equal to or greater than $ 100.00, you are entitled to free shipment. The shipping costs amount to £ 9.00 for shipment by express carrier in the United Kingdom. If the amount of your purchase is equal to or greater than £ 75.00, you are entitled to free shipment. The shipping costs amount to € 15,00 for shipment by express carrier in the Russian Federation. If the amount of your purchase is equal to or greater than €150,00, you are entitled to free shipment.
Can I request that the purchase be shipped to an address other than mine?
- The shipment can be made to an address other than that of the person who made the order provided that it is in the same country where the order has been completed. Register on "My The Bridge" by clicking the (LOGIN|REGISTER) button at the top right of the home page and enter the additional address in your profile. Or, if you are an already registered user, simply log in by clicking the same "LOGIN|REGISTER" button and entering your user name and password. Then go to the "Address management" section found in the top menu above the wording My Dashboard and add the new shipping address. When you make your purchase, you will be asked to select which address of the profile to ship to and you can choose the one you want. You can also add a new shipping address during the purchasing process.
Can I indicate a specific day and/or time for delivery?
- It is not possible to indicate a specific day and/or time for delivery. All shipments are made through a carrier that makes deliveries throughout the day according to its own organisation, in which The Bridge has no power to interfere. You must therefore specify a shipping address where someone is always available to collect the package. If a person is not always at home to sign the delivery receipt, we recommend that you indicate a different shipping address, e.g. a home with a porter, an office, etc. HO TOLTO LA FRASE SE L'INDIRIZZO DI CONSEGNA...
What do I have to do if the carrier found no one at the time of delivery?
- The carrier tries to make two deliveries. After two delivery attempts have been made, the shipment will be placed in the DHL carrier warehouse on hold for up to 10 days at the most. You can contact the DHL Customer Care at the number shown on the notice that the carrier left in your absence during that time period and provide instructions for a new delivery or, as an alternative, notify that you yourself will pick up the package at the DHL reception desk closest to you.
What can I do if my order does not arrive?
- If the items you have purchased have not been delivered within the period specified above, you can check the status of your orders by simply entering your Account. You can enter the "My The Bridge" section by clicking the "LOGIN|REGISTER" button at the top right of the home page and then you will receive all the information you want under "Order History". However, remember that our customer service is at your disposal for checking the situation through the appointed delivery company.
How can I check the shipment status of my order?
- You can check the shipment status of your order starting from the day after it has been shipped. As soon as it has been shipped you will automatically receive an email with all the information you need to track your order, including the direct link to the DHL portal so you can immediately check the delivery status.
How can Italian users request that their VAT numbers be entered on invoices?
- Contact Customer Service as soon as the order has been made, indicating the following data: company name, VAT number, address of the company that you want to enter, certified email address and/or recipient code and tax code.
How can foreign users request that their VAT numbers be entered on invoices?
- Contact Customer Service as soon as the order has been made, indicating the following data: company name, VAT number and address of the company that you want to enter.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- You can pay for your online purchase only by VISA, American Express or Mastercard credit card, or through the Paypal system.
When will the amount be charged to my credit card?
- The amount of your order will be charged to your credit card at the time of shipment.
Can I request an invoice?
- The invoice for your order can be sent to you by contacting Customer Service as soon as you receive confirmation of your order. The items of your orders are sent together with a tax document.
Do the prices I see include VAT?
- Our prices already include VAT. However, the price and VAT will be separate on the invoice you receive.
Are my credit card data protected?
- In order to ensure utmost peace of mind, The Bridge uses a "secure payment" system. Your credit card data are protected because they are communicated directly to the bank. They are then routed by the bank through international authorisation circuits that return the transaction result and confirm whether or not payment was successful. In this way no one outside the credit institution that handles the payment (Monetaweb or Paypal) can have access to your card data. Moreover, protection is enhanced by using the most common security system for data encryption, SSL3 (Secure Socket Layer) with the 256-bit Triple DES algorithm, a recognised security standard on the web and issued by Verisign.
What happens to my personal data?
Can I return the product I purchased?
- If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product, provided that it is intact, has not been used and is complete with the original packaging and product tag. If you have placed an online order, you can return it in its entirety or partly within 14 days from the date you receive the package, and the invoice amount for the product or products returned will be refunded, except for the shipping costs.
Can I exchange the product I purchased?
- Unfortunately it is not possible to exchange the product you purchased online with another one. You have complete the procedures for making the return, and at the same time make another purchase on the online shop. If a product was purchased online, it cannot be exchanged at one of our stores.
How can I return an article purchased online?
- Please remember that the return can be shipped only from the country where the order was made and that the product must be intact and complete with the original packaging and product tag. It must not have been used. If you have purchased online, the procedures for returning a product are as follows. Fill in the return form by selecting the items to be returned and the reason why you are making the return. Use the packing you have received to ship the goods to the The Bridge office address and make sure to close it properly. Only if the original packing is unusable may you use another box that has the same size and sturdiness. Damaged products will not be taken back, even if damage is due to inadequate packing and/or carriers. After you have entered the return request you will receive a confirmation from our customer service department, and only then can you proceed with the shipment. In case of a simple return, its shipping costs will not be refunded. Shipments made by means other than those indicated or at the recipient's expense will not be accepted. You cannot exchange the order item(s) with others.
Is the return shipment of an item purchased online at my expense?
- You incur no costs when returning your purchase if it is faulty. The return shipment and its re-delivery will be fully covered by The Bridge.
When will the refund for an item purchased online be made?
- After we receive the returned item and have checked that the return operations are correct, we will send you an email confirming the return. You will receive the amount in the same manner in which you made your purchase after the return is approved. The value date of the refund depends on the credit card company with which payment is made, but it is usually within two statements. With Paypal, on the other hand, the refund usually takes a few days.
What warranty does The Bridge offer on its products?
- The Bridge offers private customers a 24-month warranty on its products that covers any material and/or manufacturing defects.
What does the warranty not cover?
- Even though The Bridge products are made in compliance with strict quality standards and with the highest quality materials, they are not indestructible. The warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, accidents, abrasion, water, solvents, wear and tear and damage caused by carriers. The warranty does not even cover accidental damage such as breakage or loss of contents of a bag, loss of use or of time or other similar expenses.
What to do if I want The Bridge to repair an item not under warranty?
- If the product is not covered by a warranty, the repair can still be made for a fee, provided that the part to be replaced is available. The Bridge will send you its cost estimate for approval. No out of warranty repair will be made without your prior consent.
How long does the repair take?
- Repair time varies, depending on the quantity of goods to be handled and the nature of the work. Repair under warranty is approximately made within 40 days from when The Bridge S.p.A. receives the item. For repairs not covered by warranty, on the other hand, the repair work can begin only when The Bridge receives written approval of the estimate that was sent to you.
How can I request spare parts?
- To request spare parts, please contact our customer care department that will be happy to provide you with explanations and assistance.
What is the proper way to clean my The Bridge products?
- We suggest you follow these simple tips for proper cleaning and to ensure that your purchase lasts for a long time. To clean the fabric, we recommend you use a damp sponge with water and mild soap. Do not use soap or water directly on the product. Gently rub the fabric and then rinse with a clean damp sponge. The leather is a "live" material, so any small imperfections, spots or grains are a distinctive feature of the leather and guarantee the absence of synthetic finishing substances. To maintain the original characteristics of the leather unaltered over time, we recommend using only specific neutral wax-based fluid products that do not contain solvents, benzene or alcohol for its cleaning. Use a small quantity of product on a soft cloth, never directly on the leather, and apply it gently on the area with small circular movements. Do not immerse the product in water. If it comes into contact with water, dry it quickly by dabbing with a dry cotton cloth, without rubbing. Do not expose the product to sources of direct heat. Do not iron. Remember that leather might release traces of colour as a result of repeated rubbing on clothing.
Why should I register?
- Registration is not required prior to the purchase, and it is not necessary in order to navigate the website. You can also make purchases without registering. However, registration gives you access to the My The Bridge section and its functions. You can see the real-time status of your orders online and the record, save your shipping addresses and edit them. The Bridge also releases initiatives and specific promotions dedicated to registered users.
What is "My The Bridge"?
- My The Bridge is the section dedicated to registered users, inside which you can edit your personal data and save your address, check the status of your orders, access your order history and have gain access to specific initiatives and dedicated promotions.
How can I register?
What do I do if I lost my username and/or password?
- If you have lost or forgotten your access keys, enter "My The Bridge" by clicking the LOGIN|REGISTER button at the top right of the home page, click "Did you forget your Password?" and enter your email address. In a few minutes you will receive an email with a new, randomly generated password. The The Bridge shop stores passwords in encrypted form, so no one, including the customer care department, has access to your personal password.
Can I change my username and/or password?
- You can change your password at any time by clicking the "LOGIN|REGISTER" button at the top right of the home page to enter the "My The Bridge" section, inside which you will find a menu, then click on "Edit password." The username cannot be changed and corresponds to the email address with which you registered.
Can I change and/or update my registration data?
- You can easily edit and/or update your registration data. Click the "LOGIN|REGISTER" button at the top right of the home page to enter the "My The Bridge" section through the menu item "Edit personal data", then "Edit", and lastly on "Edit data" at the lower right to confirm.
Can I check my previous orders?
- You can check the history of your orders whenever you want by clicking the "LOGIN|REGISTER" button at the top right of the home page and logging into "My The Bridge". Then select the menu item "Order history" at the top.
Is there a customer care department dedicated to the online shop?
- Our customer care department will be happy to provide you with explanations and assistance in all the phases of your online purchase and afterwards for all your needs.
How do I contact the The Bridge customer care department?
- The The Bridge customer care department is at your disposal from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 6 pm (CET). You can contact it by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The customer care department replies in Italian and English.